Want to contribute to Beta? We rely on submissions from our readers and volunteer contributors to help each issue of Beta Magazine to come to life. If you have a story that you’d like to share, some funky illustrations, or any other creative ideas that fit in with our vision and values, we’d love to hear from you!
Beta Magazine Contributions
Moving forwards from Issue No. 6 (October) we are going to have themed Issues. It’s up to you, if you would rather submit something to fit a theme then please do talk to us, or if you have an idea that you’re really set on, you can submit your idea and we will see which future Issue it might fit into. You just might have to wait a little bit longer to see your work appear in this case.
- January 2022 : PROGRESS (submissions needed by mid-November 2021, but we will confirm a personalised deadline with you via email)
Key words: progress, learning, growth, development, improvement, up and down, inconsistent, awareness, overcoming barriers/constraints, journeys.
Take a look at our guidelines if you’re thinking about being a volunteer contributor…
- We want your piece to reflect your voice, so write in a way that is natural and comfortable. Make sure your piece is within the maximum word count of 1,000 words.
- You can send your piece or idea to our email at email@example.com and someone from our team will get back to you. We try not to print articles that are very similar to previous features, so if in doubt, please do reach out! We’re more than happy to discuss ideas with you.
- We will send you an agreement form that just means you are happy for us to publish your work in Beta and extracts/samples on social media We will use your full name and also your social media handle if you want us to in Beta.
- We will work with you to edit your piece until we have a final version you are happy to sign off on. We might make suggestions or corrections to your piece, but we will not change the actual content, we have a light editing policy.
- We can provide more thorough guidelines with you if you decide you would like to contribute.
Social Media Contributions
Maybe you are interested in contributing but you’re not wanting to write an entire article. We welcome social media contributions. Ideas of what you could do include:
- Instagram takeovers
- Instagram/Twitter/Facebook post series (series of posts exploring a certain theme)
- Instagram reels
We are a really friendly team, so please do get in touch! firstname.lastname@example.org and title your email Beta Magazine Contributions.