£2.50 - £7.50
Beta Issue No. 7
Issue No. 7 : PROGRESS
Welcome to Issue No. 7 of Beta Magazine! The theme of this Issue is Progress. What does progress mean to you? How do you define progress? Is it grade pushing,
overcoming challenges of the mind, is it progress within the industry, new research
that will help us to become more inclusive? What does progress mean for women in
particular, is it about exercising increased agency and freedom - but what does that
mean when we look back at how women have been represented and treated in the
3-4: In Conversation with Carlos Casas
4: What do you wish you had known when you started climbing? By Team Beta
5: The Importance of Being Allowed to Panic by Eve Stripp
6: Climbing Requires Grit by Tasmin Lofthouse
7 - 8: Projecting Progress by JoJo Lewis
8 - 9: Comparison Thoughts by Linda Katkevica
10: Researching South Asian People’s Experiences of Natural Green Space
by Hamza Mohammed
11: Ben Hope by Lucy Wood
12 - 14: The Shock of the Archive by Dr Carol Osborne and Emily Ankers
15: Women’s Rock Workshops and International Women’s Day 2022
16: Contributors Page
Pricing Explained: please pay what you can afford to enable more to read Beta Magazine. This Issue is a bit shorter than usual, so we've adjusted the prices slightly.
Beta Magazine - £3.50 this helps us pay our fees, our designer and helps us work towards paying our contributors.
Access Facilitator - £2.50 this price helps us cover our fees and a little bit goes towards paying our designer but it's to enable access to those who aren't able to afford the full value price.
Beta Magazine (£3.50) + Support (£4.00) - £7.50 this covers the cost of our fees, pays our designer, editor and your kind support donation helps us work towards paying our contributors.
BEFORE YOU PURCHASE HERE'S SOME IMPORTANT INFO
- Your digital copy of Beta will automatically be emailed to the email account that is associated with your payment method account.
- It's quite a big file so it takes a while to download and open on your device, if you keep repeatedly clicking, you will reach maximum downloads - so please be a little bit patient.
- Once you have clicked on the download link, it will open Beta as an online pdf.
- Please make sure that you have space on your device/sufficient data allowance to download Beta Magazine, this Issue is 10.5MB.
- We don't have the luxury of a specific customer service team, we do all of this ourselves, so please be patient in us getting back to you and try and follow the guidance.
If finance is a barrier to you reading Beta Magazine please do not hesitate to send us an email or fill out the contact form requesting a free digital copy of Beta. We hope that the community can support us with this by choosing the price tier individuals can afford.
If you want to get a flavour of what Beta Magazine is before purchasing you can go over to our Instagram page to get a sense of what we're doing! We hope you enjoy reading and we thank you so much for your support. Please get in touch if you want to contribute to a future Issue or if you have feedback for our future 'Your Say' section at email@example.com
All views expressed by Contributors are their own.
We cannot offer refunds.